The following Betas have been released in connection with this update:
- Update 1.6/build 1 aka 126.96.36.199.
- Update 1.6/build 5 aka 188.8.131.52.
- Update 1.6/build 6 aka 184.108.40.206.
- Update 1.6/build 8 aka 220.127.116.11.
- Update 1.6/build 30 aka 18.104.22.168.
- Phantoms will now spawn in the night skies if a player hasn't slept in over three in-game days.
- Bug:There was a bug that prevented the phantom from swooping. This bug was later fixed.
- Barrier Blocks
- Great for map makers to limit players and mobs to certain areas of the world.
- Can be placed in Creative mode and are invisible in Survival and Adventure modes.
- Can only be obtained using commands and do not appear in the Creative inventory.
- Menu and inventory tabs can now be navigated using the and keys (Can be remapped in Settings).
- Pages can now be turned in the Book and Quill using the controller bumper buttons.
- Personal Game Mode is now set to the Default Game Mode option when first joining a world.
- Added the doinsomnia game rule to toggle Phantom spawning when Commands are enabled.
- Added fresh new icons to game invite and achievement notifications on Nintendo Switch.
- Adjusted mouse input sensitivity for slower turning at lower values.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using Pick Block in a spot where a mob just died.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when players were spawning and the spawn point was getting set every tick.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when joining a game and downloading Greek Mythology textures.
- Increased performance for menu load times.
- Fixed the Ahoy and Atlantis Achievements not unlocking on Nintendo Switch.
- Fixed an issue that caused touch screen actions to repeat after touch release.
- Fixed controls becoming unresponsive after resuming the game from standby (MCPE-22195).
- Operator permissions are now granted to players when the host creates a world with Trust Player Permissions set to Operator.
- Fixed the upload failure that occurred when exporting to Remix3D.
- Firework Rockets once again give the proper boost when using Elytra (MCPE-30821).
- Crouching on Ladders will no longer stop when opening the pause menu or inventory screen.
- Fixed the speed boost given by Dolphins being too slow when wearing armor with Depth Strider.
- The Resistance effect will now protect against the Wither effect (MCPE-21515).
- Players no longer clip through blocks and suffocate while swimming (MCPE-34112).
- Players are now able to return to the Overworld if an End Portal is on their spawn point (96153).
- Buckets now stack properly when getting ejected from crafting output.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to obtain a 'Water' item (MCPE-28883).
- Fixed an exploit that allowed items to be duplicated using the Recipe Book (MCPE-36167).
- Guardians no longer attack fish (125705).
- Fixed Guardians spawning even when Mob Spawning is disabled (MCPE-34027).
- Fixed issues with the Ender Dragon disappearing or dying for little to no reason.
- Drowned now have a much easier time attacking players that are swimming above them.
- Fixed Strays and Skeletons having trouble leaving the water to attack players.
- Wolves no longer get stuck attacking Skeletons that are underwater.
- Fixed a bug where Parrots could ride Donkeys and Mules (MCPE-25737).
- Blazes now attack Snow Golems (MCPE-13191).
- Elder Guardians now drop Wet Sponges when killed.
- Fixed monster spawners appearing empty on converted Console Edition worlds.
- Hostile mobs in Boats can no longer attack from every angle (MCPE-16938).
- Dolphins can no longer attack players through solid blocks.
- Baby Horses, Donkeys and Mules can no longer be pushed through solid blocks (MCPE-20114).
- Creepers no longer remain white or quickly flash when killed.
- Entities following a target entity will now navigate properly over Slabs.
- Used Chests can now be equipped to Mules and Llamas (MCPE-32152).
- Underwater plants can now be placed in water columns that originate from the top water source blocks.
- Kelp now mimics Seagrass in its placement and can be placed on most blocks underwater (MCPE-33747).
- Kelp that is planted by players will now grow over time.
- Chemistry blocks in a world uploaded to a Realm are no longer corrupted.
- Observers will now detect changes with Droppers, Dispensers, Brewing Stands, Farmland, Saplings, Sugar Cane, Fire, and Grass Blocks.
- The amount of fuel in Brewing Stands now converts from Console Edition worlds (MCPE-34677).
- Activating an End Portal will now replace any blocks inside the portal (MCPE-28344).
- Fixed certain variants of Rails having an incorrect hitbox size.
- Land plants can no longer be placed underwater (MCPE-34124).
- Command Blocks now correctly conduct Redstone power (MCPE-33021).
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rails to be duplicated (MCPE-18230).
- Fixed the Cactus hitbox being displayed too low.
- The owner of a Realm, once again, no longer counts towards the player limit of a Realm.
- Improved error messaging when attempting to join a Realm via invite link with an outdated version of the game.
- Improved the Trident throwing animation.
- Visibility now increases over time when submerged in flowing water.
- Cocoa Beans now display correctly when using HD Resource Packs (MCPE-30552).
- Field of View can once again be adjusted when the "FOV Can Be Altered by Gameplay" option is disabled (MCPE-32403).
- Redstone dust now renders on the sides of Glass blocks (MCPE-21542).
- Resource packs once again apply when joining a multiplayer game that has a pack enabled (MCPE-33770).
- Fixed Texture Packs having a placeholder icon on the Pack Validation screen on Android devices.
- The Ender Dragon is no longer missing the texture on its neck when playing the Norse Mythology Mash-up Pack (MCPE-33966).
- Food particles no longer gradually change position after swimming and will always come out of the player's mouth area (MCPE-33984).
- Fixed a rare case of Ender Chests from Console Edition worlds converting to normal Chests with Ender particles (MCPE-26717).
- Leads no longer flicker when playing in split-screen multiplayer.
- Particles from Enchanted Arrows no longer drift in flowing water.
- Water Bottle icons no longer have red liquid on Android devices. It wasn't creepy or anything (MCPE-34167).
- Players no longer appear to be floating above Minecarts (MCPE-33787).
- Swimming through certain waterlogged blocks no longer removes underwater fog (MCPE-33917).
- Oculus Rift mirror screen view now displays properly on monitors with 4K resolution.
- Lowered the volume of the punching air and punching mobs sound effects.
- Fixed the sounds of items breaking twice for Boats, Minecarts, Paintings, and Armor Stands.
- Items can once again be crafted from the Recipe Book while the Craftable filter is disabled and the player only has enough materials to craft a single recipe.
- Quickly moving a stack of items in the inventory with a controller no longer leaves items behind (MCPE-34694).
- Fixed the button not appearing on Windows 10 devices when joining a cross-platform world.
- Opening Book & Quill on touch devices no longer causes blocks to break (MCPE-29752).
- The gamepad cursor can now be used to navigate Villager trades (MCPE-33330).
- Multiple items can now be collected from the Villager trading output slot (MCPE-32635).
- Fixed overlapping issues with the Dragon Head equipped on the inventory screen.
- The Crafting Table's output field hover state now matches the field's size.
- Quick moving items from the hotbar to a container now works as intended (MCPE-19952).
- Hitting the key in the inventory no longer moves the cursor in/out of the text field or grabs/drops items.
- Selecting the output of an uncraftable recipe no longer causes the output item to disappear.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when Attack/Destroy is mapped to MCPE-23383). on the mouse (
- Levers now have a "Use" controller hint.
/fill doorsnow fills the chosen area with doors instead of air blocks.
- Using the
/setblockcommand on Redstone components will now properly update and power the mechanism (MCPE-21218).
- Cloning Containers no longer removes their custom names.
- Slabs with can_place_on tags can once again be placed by players in Adventure mode.
- Updated templates for 1.6.0 with new assets and behaviors can be downloaded from https://minecraft.net/addons.
- Fixed several issues with Fish textures that pertained to Resource Packs.
- minecraft:behavior.player_ride_tamed will now override all other AI goals.
- movement.sway once again allows mobs to move properly.