- 1 Temperatures
- 2 Plains
- 3 Desert
- 4 Extreme Hills
- 5 Forest
- 6 Taiga
- 7 Swamp
- 8 River
- 9 Ice Plains
- 10 Mushroom Island
- 11 Beach
- 12 Jungle
- 13 Birch Forest
- 14 Roofed Forest
- 15 Cold Taiga
- 16 Savannah
- 17 Mesa
- 18 Ice Spikes
- 19 Mega Spruce Taiga
- 20 Oceans
- 21 Trivia
- Frozen River
- Ice Plains
- Ice Plains Spikes
- Cold Beach
- Cold Taiga
- Cold Taiga (Mountainous)
These biomes are cold, but not cold enough to have snow everywhere.
- Extreme Hills
- Extreme Hills M
- Taiga M
- Mega Taiga
- Mega Spruce Taiga
- Extreme Hills+
- Extreme Hills+ M
- Stone Beach
Lush biomes are warm and often contain Flowers. They are great for crop cultivation.
- Sunflower Plains
- Flower Forest
- Swamp M
- Jungle M
- Jungle Edge
- Jungle Edge M
- Birch Forest
- Birch Forest M
- Birch Forest Hills M
- Roofed Forest
- Roofed Forest M
- Mushroom Island
- Mushroom Island Shore
Dry Biomes are very hot, and rarely contain any moisture or any foliage. It does not Rain here either.
- Desert M
- Savannah M
- Mesa (Bryce)
- Plateau M
These biomes are either completely filled with Water, or have several variants that differ depending on their biome.
- Ocean (Variants)
- Hills (Variants)
Plains are the most common biomes. They are good for building due to the large available area and flat landscape.
- Have decent amounts of Trees, but not that many compared to other biomes.
- Plentiful Passive Mobs
- Have exposed Caves and ravines
- Lava Pools are more common
- Hot and Dry
- Large amounts of Sand and Sandstone
- Cacti and Dead Bushes can only be found here
- Desert Villages rarely spawn here
- Desert Temples rarely spawn here
- Desert Wells spawn as a rare source of water
- As of Update 0.15.0, Husks have an 80% chance to spawn in place of a Zombie.
The Extreme Hills is a massive, steep, mountain-like biome.
- Has Stone in large quantities
- Emerald Ore can be found here
- Silverfish and Silverfish Stone spawn here
- Ores can be found more commonly here
The Forest is a common biome featuring a large number of Trees.
The Taiga is a relatively cold biome. It contains quite a few resources and items that cannot be found in any other biome.
- Spruce Trees spawn commonly
- Leaves are frost-covered
- Ferns and Podzol appear exclusively here (But podzol is only here when it's the Mega Taiga variant.
- Rarely, Moss Stone Boulders may spawn (Mega Taiga exclusive).
The Swamp is an uncommon biome featuring murky water and an unpleasant atmosphere.
- Lily Pads spawn on the water
- Trees grow with long Vines
- Mushrooms of both types are common
- Water is darker, murkier, and does often contain patches of Clay
- Witch Huts rarely spawn here
- Slimes spawn more commonly in swamps
- Slime Blocks have a small chance of spawning
A long, winding stretch of water.
- Depends on the Biome it cuts through
- Can cut through a variety of biomes
- Squid spawn frequently
- Clay is easily found here
A flat, snow-covered space. The world generation here is much like regular plains.
- Snow is found very commonly in the form of layers and blocks.
- Endermen may create Snow Golems by accident here.
- In Update 0.15.0, Strays have an 80% chance to spawn in place of a Skeleton.
- In Update 1.0, Igloos have a chance of spawning here.
- Villages that generate here will have the same source as taiga villages.
Mushroom Biomes are rare biomes that spawn in oceans. On rare occassions, they can spawn attached to a much larger mass of land. They feature mushroom-themed surroundings.
- Mycelium, a purple, spreading block can be found in bountiful quantities
- Trees are very rare
- Giant Mushrooms spawn here in plentiful quantities.
- Mushrooms are very common and can be found in any light level
- Mooshrooms spawn exclusively here.
- Hostile Mobs do not spawn
The Beach features Sand, Gravel, and clumps of Clay. It is often found when a Desert Biome reaches an Ocean Biome.
- Have few to no trees
- Clay can be found easily
The Jungle is a dense, lush biome filled with trees and lots of unique resources.
- Only Jungle Trees and Oak Trees can be found here.
- Jungle Trees can sometimes spawn as bush-like structures.
- Ocelots and Parrots spawn exclusively here.
- Cocoa Beans can be found growing on Jungle Trees
- Melons can be found commonly as a good source of Melon Slices.
- Vines often hang from the Jungle Trees
- As of Update 0.15.0, Jungle Temples may spawn here.
- In Update 1.9, Bamboo can also be found here.
A variant of the Forest biome that only has Birch Trees.
Also called the Dark Forest, the Roofed Forest features a thick foliage complete with giant mushrooms.
- Dark Oak Trees can only be found here.
- Hostile Mobs may spawn due to low light level.
- Giant Mushrooms spawn here in large quantities.
- As of Update 1.1, Woodland Mansions will spawn here.
Cold Taigas are more cold, snowy versions of Taiga biomes.
- Features Snowy Leaves
- Have all other Taiga features
A warm, vast biome with Acacia Trees and large amounts of grass. They are almost always found near a Desert.
- Villages are found most commonly here
- Acacia Trees spawn in this biome exclusively, generating differently to normal trees
- Features pale, yellow grass
A Desert-like biome featuring Cactus, Dead Bushes, Red Sand, and Stained Clay of all kinds. These are also called 'Red Deserts' and ‘Canyons’.
- Red Sand is exclusive to here and can be found in large quantities
- Clay, Terracotta, and Hardened Clay spawn commonly
- Mesa Mineshafts spawn here
- Gold Ore spawns at any level, thus more common here.
The Ice Spikes biome is essentially the Ice Plains Biome, but with huge tree-like ice spikes that release water when destroyed. It also features steep cliffs.
Mega Spruce Taiga
Mega Spruce Taiga is a large Taiga forest featuring large Spruce Trees.
- Podzol spawns here instead of grass.
- Similar features to the Taiga
- Mossy Cobblestone can be found naturally in the form of Moss Stone Boulders.
- Dead Bushes spawn rarely.
Oceans are vast, deep bodies of Water.
- Ocean Monuments, Shipwrecks, Underwater Ruins, and Buried Treasure can generate.
- Prismarine and related blocks, wood, stone, and stone-related blocks may be found.
- Guardians may spawn.
- Depending on the temperature of the biome, the Player may find:
- The world generator used for PC and Minecraft Pocket Edition generates almost the same biomes, thus making it possible to use Biome Finders for PC for locating Minecraft Pocket Edition biomes.
- However, if the Minecraft Pocket Edition seed is negative the Player needs to add 4,294,967,296 to the seed number to make this process work.